Makes 12 cupcakes
- 200 g cake flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) NutriDay Plain Yoghurt
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla extract
- 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
For the buttercream icing:
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 450 g sifted icing sugar
- 15-30 ml (1-2 Tbsp) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the cupcake ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cupcake liners.
- Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, beat together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the milk and the vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Spread or pipe the buttercream onto the cooled cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.