Makes 16 cup cakes
- 2 cups (500 ml) flour, sifted
- 1 Tsp (15 ml) bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 1 cup (250 ml) NutriDay Smooth Vanilla Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C . Place paper liners in a cup cake pan.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until very light and fluffy – about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence, and beat well to blend.
- Add the sifted flour mixture, a third at a time, alternating with the yogurt. Take care not to overbeat.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans, and bake the cup cakes at 180 °C for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When the cup cakes are completely cool, top them with an icing of your choice.