Classic Tzatziki with Crispy Pita Chips
Serves 4 as a snack/starter
For the tzatziki:
- 1 large cucumber, grated
- 500 ml (2 cups) NutriDay Double Cream or Plain Yoghurt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh dill
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped fresh mint
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the pita chips:
- 4 pita breads, cut into wedges
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- To make the tzatziki, season the cucumber with a pinch of salt and place in a sieve set over a bowl.
- Allow to drain for 30 minutes, pressing out as much liquid as you can.
- Combine the drained cucumber and remaining tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- To make the pita chips, heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the pita wedges in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and oregano and toss to coat.
- Arrange the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Allow to bake until golden brown then flip them over and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving with the tzatziki.
Subscribe to Newsletter